Monday, March 18, 2013

Oompa Loompa-ballerina

Here's a drawing I did recently for the Balletspiegel (Dutch for ''ballet mirror''). The Balletspiegel is a small magazine my ballet school (yes, I do classical ballet!) publishes every two months to keep their pupils (and the pupils' parents) up to date about what's going on at the school. Of course every magazine that's meant for children (among others) needs a colouring picture. In this case a picture of a ballerina obviously.
This year we'll perform our version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Everytime I do a colouring picture I try to stay with the subject of the upcoming performance and add as much detail as possible while maintaining bold black lines so that it's easy for my public (mostly 3 to 8 year olds ;)) to colour.





































This isn't my favourite, but it came out okay. The Oompa Loompas in our version wear Hawaiian skirts and a little bone in their hair so I used that in my drawing (that's probably why she kind of looks like Mrs. Flintstone). But as you may, or may not, see the hair was inspired by the hair of the Oompa Loompas in the 1971 movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment